Southern Star Yorkies is located in the beautiful West Georgia area, conveniently located just West of Atlanta off of Interstate 20.
We offer puppies with wonderful Champion Hungarian & Canadian bloodlines. Our lines include Durrer, Knight of Blue Cross, Pinkerlton, Devil's of York, Rothby, Lonely Tunes, A Slice of Cake, Happy Blue, Parquin, Comparis, Parkside, Crosswinds, Millmoor, Clarkwyn, Stardust, Lake Buena Vista & Wee Burgundy.
We take great pride in raising beautiful, healthy, quality Yorkshire Terrier puppies. We strive to maintain an uncompromised quality & stick as close as possible to the Yorkshire Terrier breed standard. We stand behind our puppies with a one Year Health Guarantee against any birth defects, such as Heart, Kidney or Liver failure.
Your new puppy will come with it's 1st set of vaccinations, Dewclaws removed & tail docked. We start de-worming at 2 weeks of age & continue every 2 weeks until they leave for their new home or until 12 weeks of age, whichever comes first. Our babies are born in our puppy nursery inside our home, away from all our other pets. We like for them to feel secure & as stress free as possible. All our adult Yorkies are pets & have access to our home. Some of our adult's stay inside our A/C/Heated Kennel in dog runs.
The average age we allow our puppies to leave is 10-12 weeks, depending on the maturity level of the pup. We do prefer to keep our babies until they're a little older than most breeder's. We feel it's irresponsible for a breeder to allow puppies to leave at 6 or 8 weeks of age & not eating solid puppy food at that time. The longer they nurse, the healthier they will be as they progress into adulthood. We want to make sure all our puppies are as healthy as possible & eating solid puppy food well before they leave for their forever homes.
We do offer partial delivery, as we're close to Alabama, Tennessee, South & North Carolina & Florida. You're always more than welcome to visit our home to select your new puppy. Our puppies health is our TOP PRIORITY!!!
We also offer shipping to anywhere in the United States, delivery is made by our Personal Hand Courier that flies with each puppy. The puppies never leave their sight!! They're well taken care of and never left alone at any time and receive plenty of love along the way. You'll meet the Courier & pick up your pup at your nearest airport. The fee for this service starts @ $300, which is paid directly to our Courier. The shipping fee would need to be added to the price of the pup. We NEVER ship pets as cargo or without a Courier that travels with them.
All of our Traditional Yorkies are AKC Registered.........Our Biewer & Biro Yorkshire Terrier's are registered in Germany with the IBC (International Biewer Yorkshire Terrier Club) & dual registered with the CKC Registry here in the US.
Pricing varies depending on evaluation of the pup, structure, temperament & estimated adult weight, along with the type of registration you desire (Pet Limited or Full Breeding Rights). Pet Limited must be spayed or neutered before you receive the Registration papers. Full Registration allows for Breeding & Showing.
The Yorkshire Terrier is an ideal dog for families, very loving, they will give you endless hours of entertainment. They're smaller than most other dogs, which makes them the perfect pet if you live in a smaller apartment. Their lifespan is usually 12-15 years & some have been known to exceed that age with proper care. The Yorkie is the perfect pet for you to enjoy for years to come. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our adoption process. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
When making your decision to purchase a Yorkie Puppy......PLEASE!!!! Let good common sense guide your purchase, and choose a reliable well recommended source that you know has well satisfied customers. Don't look for a bargain, because you may end up paying many times over in future veterinarian bills, not to mention disappointment & heartache if your pet turns out not to be well. Buy a healthy puppy with a good disposition, one that has been properly socialized and likes being around people.
We offer Full Registration to only a select clientel. If you're interested in acquiring a puppy for breeding purposes, we'll be happy to talk to you. We can help you select our best for your breeding program. We do however charge an additional fee for Full Registration.
Translate This Page
If you're interested in being added to our waiting list for
an upcoming Yorkie litter, you can contact us
by phone @ 678-665-8305 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please view our guidelines below for being added to the waiting list for a puppy.
In order to be fair for those who are sincerely interested in purchasing one of our pup's, we have a waiting list.
The Guidelines are as follows:
1. All requests must be accompanied by a puppy application. The application can be submitted straight from the website.
2. Once approved you will need to send a $250 Non-Refundable Deposit for Toy size pup or $500 Non-Refundable Deposit for Tiny Traditional, Biewer or Biro puppy using one of the acceptable forms of payment.
3. You will be put on a MALE or FEMALE waiting list in the order that your application was received (First Come, First Serve Basis).
4. Toy size pup's will not be available until 10-12 weeks of age. We will contact each prospective buyer when the puppies are 5 weeks of age, by order of their application. You will have 48 hours to decide to purchase from the available litter. If you pass on the current litter, you will remain on the list until you find the puppy of your choice.
5. Once you commit to a certain puppy, your deposit is Non-Transferable to another pup. When picking up, only cash will be accepted. If shipping is required the balance due plus the Courier Fee will need to be paid 7 (seven) days prior to shipping your puppy. The only acceptable forms of payment are: Official Check (not a Cashier's Check), US Postal Money Order (no other Money Order's will be accepted) or PayPal. All Official Check's & US Postal Money Order's are made payable to Sydney Derington.
6. We reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone if we feel it's not in the best interest of the puppy. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO SALES to pet stores, puppy brokers or puppy mills.